The art of tanning workmanship in Pescia (a small town in the heart of Tuscany) dates back to the middle ages. In the second half of the XIV century, a Tanners Guild already existed and, in 1427, five shoemakers, five furriers, a saddler and two craftsmen were working as part of the Guild.
The “Conceria di Cuoiami Guidi e Rosellini” tannery was founded in 1896 when Guido Guidi, Giovanni Rosellini and Gino Ulivi partnered, with a joint stock of 75,000 Italian lire, to establish a company in Pescia, Via del Giocatoio 8.
Giovanni Rosellini died on the 23rd of August, 1923. His share of the company was taken by the other partners who renamed the company as “Successori di Guidi e Rosellini”. In 1934 the tannery was enlarged with the purchase of an adjoining building owned by Gino Ulivi for 95,000 Italian lire.
Over the years, the tannery has continued its activity and is still managed by the Guidi family.